We ask that you give us at least 24 hours notice if you need to cancel or change your appointment. We understand that mistakes happen and emergencies arise. You will not be charged for the first missed or cancelled appointment (with less than 24 hours notice). However, if appointments are consistently missed or cancelled with less than 24 hours notice, you may be charged an associated fee at the discretion of the clinician.
Use of Electronic Records
At True North Psychological Services, all information related to your services is kept in a securely encrypted record keeping service online. Because of the rapid expansion of data technologies, we now manage information through the use of electronic health record keeping.
Through this process, the practice uses diligent levels of encryption and password protected access to maintain security and safety of digital information. The software True North Psychological Services is now using for note keeping, houses their data on a secure and encrypted server in Canada.
All personal information will be kept confidential. However, there are times when we are legally and ethically obligated to breach confidentiality without your consent. These circumstances include:
- Third party payers responsible for your care will be provided with relevant written and/or verbal feedback.
- If there is a reason to believe that you are at serious and imminent risk of physically harming yourself or another person.
- If there is reason to believe that a child is suffering from abuse and/or neglect.
- If you have been sexually abused by another regulated health professional.
- A court has subpoenaed your records.
36 Solutions Dr, Suite 440, Halifax, NS, B3S 1N2
70 Exhibition Street, Suite 210,
Kentville, NS, B4N 4K9
780 Central Avenue,Unit #7, Kingston, NS, B0P 1R0
All inquiries for Kingston are handled from the main office in Kentville.