True North Psychological Services has openings in select clinics for mental health professionals including Psychiatrists, Psychologists, Clinical Social Workers, Licensed Counselling Therapists/Psychotherapists.
If you would like to explore the ways in which we can help you build and run your practice, please don’t hesitate to reach out.
|Bridgewater, Nova Scotia | New Minas, Nova Scotia | Kingston, Nova Scotia | Halifax, Nova Scotia | Dartmouth, Nova Scotia | Toronto, Ontario | Ottawa (West-Kanata), Ontario | Ottawa (downtown), Ontario | Trenton, Ontario | Lincoln, New Brunswick | Fredericton, New Brunswick
|Clinical Social Worker
|Lincoln, New Brunswick | Fredericton, New Brunswick
|Toronto, Ontario | Ottawa (downtown), Ontario
|Licensed Counselling Therapist
|Lincoln, New Brunswick
Who We are
True North Psychological Services, our most valuable resource is our people. We hire smart, innovative, and passionate professionals. Our culture is one that encourages, supports, and celebrates professional growth and diversity. We provide industry-leading and innovative, techniques, working closely with governmental agencies, organizations who assist veterans, military personnel, first responders, and many other referral sources. We support adults, couples, families, and children facing a wide range of mental health and personal challenges.
Who you are
- Hold a graduate degree in psychology from an accredited university, including MA, MSc, MSW, PhD, and PsyD. Various academic backgrounds are encouraged to apply (Clinical, Counselling, Child, etc..).
- Ability to utilize empirically validated, trauma-informed practices and other evidence-based treatment modalities.
- Has relevant working experience in areas of practice, with an emphasis on trauma-related work.
- Registered (must be in good standing) with the provincial regulating body OR must be eligible for registration. Both Registered and Candidate Registered Psychologists are encouraged to apply.
- Must possess Professional Liability Insurance or willingness to obtain insurance.
- Membership with Provincial Psychology Association or Canadian Psychological Association (CPA) is encouraged.
- Demonstrates professionalism and effective case management skills (e.g., timely reports).
Making The Change to Private Practice Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, your income can change. Instead of a salary, where you receive a set amount regardless of the number of clients you see, as a contractor you set the pace, and by default, the income you would like to make. Contact us to discuss this in more detail.
Please reach out to us to talk about your options. No two situations are identical; We can customize and individualize what works best for you.
Some examples include:
- Building case loads prior to start dates
- Working with you on client demographics to ensure your practice matches your vision
- Building a schedule that works for you -your hours, your days, your preferred number of clients
All of our full time clinicians are eligible for a comprehensive benefits package with the cost being split SO/SO with the company.
No. Our staff will take care of all client billing on your behalf. We will add you to our pay roll and compensate you biweekly based on your invoice.
Yes!!! When you join the Nuvista group of companies your practice is your own. You decide how best to support your clients and what their continuation of care should look like for them, and we support you!
While we don’t offer paid vacation, we also do not restrict the amount of time you chose to take for vacation each year.
Yes!!!! You decide the days you want to work, the location (office or virtual). the number of clients you would like to see each day, and what hours work best for you!!
We offer an education reimbursement plan for all clinicians, as well as many unique opportunities for cross training within the company. Please ask us more about this.
I know it seems that way, but it’s not. There are no tricks. You practice your way, at your pace, with a company whose mission is to provide a safe and supportive environment for clients, clinicians and staff.
We look forward to partnering with you in your career!
Submit your resume outlining your credentials and availability, in confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org