MSW, RSW, Clinical Social Worker
Kristen offers trauma-informed counselling and therapy to adults looking for support in the areas of:
- Mental health – trauma presenting as depression, anxiety, coping with substances, and difficulty functioning. A mind and body approach to optimal well-being.
- Emotional regulation – anger management, stress management, somatic regulation and co-regulatiing with others.
- Skill development – communication, boundaries, conflict resolution, self-compassion, self-esteem, problem-solving, mindfulness, and community connection.
- Life transitions – phase of life problems, relationship issues, career changes, grief, burnout recovery, veteran rehabilitation.
- Health – holistic wellness strategies to sleep issues, living with pain and other chronic health concerns.
- Military Members and CAF Veterans – strengthening resiliency as it relates to the unique culture of these populations, including support and psychoeducation to family members.
- Kristen is also accepting referrals from Halifax Fire, RCMP, and other first responders.
Kristen’s approach builds on your strengths and values as she integrates from therapeutic models including Trauma-Focused Acceptance & Commitment Therapy (ACT), Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT) and Attachment Science, and Motivational Interviewing (MI), with an emphasis on cultivating somatic mindfulness.
Kristen invites you to get curious about the ways your various environments and experiences shape how you show up in relation to self and others. If you are an adult (20+) looking to establish a more balanced and nourishing lifestyle, please reach out to connect with Kristen.